Thursday, June 6, 2013
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
How to Make Fabric Yo-Yos
1. Trace around a circle template (you can make this any size, the bigger the circle, the bigger the yo-yos, plastic circle can lids work great!!) on the "wrong" side of your fabric.
2. Cut out the fabric circles.
3. Thread your needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread. With the "wrong" side of the fabric facing up, turn over 1/4 inch of fabric toward the center. Push your needle up through the wrong side of this turned up fabric so the knot is hidden in the fold.
4. Work a running stitch around the circle, turning the fabric over 1/4 inch as you go. Try to make your stitches about 1/4 inch apart.
5. Sew all the way around the circle. The Yo-Yo will start to curl up.
6. Hold the fabric circle at the knotted end of your thread and pull the needle firmly to gather up the stitches. Your flat circle will bunch up and become a Yo-Yo!! Make a couple of stitches where the thread come up to secure your Yo-Yo.
You can use your Yo-Yo's to embellish a baby quilt, an outfit or maybe your favorite dog bandana for your best friend!!!
Check us out on www.sewingdreams.com